Sunday, January 20, 2008

Alice in Wonderland 2005






This was my second favorite show and not just because Maddie was such a great Alice. It was horrendous to costume, but when all those kids got on stage they were beautiful.
The mushrooms Maddie made are ensconced right next to the computer now and I think of this show every day. Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass have always been my favorite stories and this play incorporates all the wonderful characters from both of them.
Oh and cup the Mad Hatter is drinking from is edible. That took some thinking on Maddie and My part. I think she suggested using my hard-tack recipe with a little food coloring... then we baked it over a little metal bowl. The handles fell off most of them, but we had about a 30 percent success rate and it was enough to do all the performances

No comments: