Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Lagooned 2008

Here are the Devine Sisters and Honey.. Honey is a little bit of a thing so I hiked up her dress with some single thread shirring. I made the cuffs and collars for the girls and decorated the sailor hats with little beads. They turned out very cute

This was one of my favorite scenes. Cody has to fight with this giant lobster. I found this lobster at Goodwill three years ago shortly after I had read the play. Thinking it would be doubtful to find another anytime soon I bought it and it has been on Maddie's bed since then. Glad I finally got a chance to use it. I love when the little old ladies come out and ask him what he is doing?


Here is our Ben Gunn characters... we had the beard and wig left over from an evil wizard costume and it worked great for him. He made his costume himself, but had left the pants rather long. I asked him if I could chop them off some more and he said yes. I got out my trusty weapon and slashed his pants.


I loved how my old ladies came out. They were so pretty in their costume and it was a complete coicidence that their umbrellas matched their dresses. They would wander across the stage occasionally and comment on things. We used them to clean up little critters that Cody had unstuck from his costume as well while they were gathering seashells by the sea shore


This is another costume I found at goodwill. Had a little problem convincing her that the hat looked good, but we finally came to an agreement

No comments: